College in the Schools
If you are a high school junior or senior who wants to get a jump-start on college, consider the College in the Schools (CIS) program. Students get firsthand experience with a faster pace of study, increased academic rigor, and are able to make a smoother transition from high school to college.
For several years ALHS has joined efforts with Riverland Community College to offer college credit classes at ALHS taught by ALHS faculty. The CIS program allows students to stay as ALHS and earn credits toward college at no cost to their families.
Students who enroll will generate a Riverland transcript.
To be eligible for the program you must:
1. Be ranked in the top 1/3 of your class as a sophomore.
2. Be ranked in the top 1/2 of your class as a junior.
3. Take the Accuplacer test and score at college level in reading, language, and/or math.
Nationally Accredited Program | College in the Schools is accredited by the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships. Accreditation guarantees that:
• Courses offered through CIS are Riverland Community College courses and CIS students earn college credit.
• High school students taking Riverland courses through CIS are held to the same academic standards as students on campus.
Benefits for high school students:
• Obtain college credit that is recognized by colleges & universities coast to coast
• Experience increased academic rigor and develop skills for college success
• Demonstrate learning over an entire semester, not just on a single, high-stakes test