You are here
Throughout the long history of Albert Lea High School athletics, numerous individuals have made a significant and lasting positive impact on advancing the recognition of Albert Lea's educational community. They deserve to be nominated for induction into the Albert Lea High School Athletic Hall of Fame.
Selected individuals will represent all ALHS sports and will be recognized as an ALHS Athletic Hall of Fame Athlete or Coach who has met the rigid selection criteria of promoting athletics at the ALHS. The ALHS Athletic Hall of Fame recognizes and pays tribute to both living and deceased outstanding individual athletes and coaches, as well as all state championship teams as a team.
Nominations will close on April 1st each year and will be reviewed annually. In addition, the Selection Committee will welcome any additional supplemental factual history and statistics supporting any nominee.
Criteria for Eligibility:
Athlete members of the ALHS Hall of Fame must have:
1. Participated in athletics while attending Albert Lea High School.
2. Graduated from ALHS a minimum of five (5) years prior to his/her nomination selection.
3. Candidates must, during and following their high school graduation career, exemplify behavior that is a credit to the Albert Lea High School and community.
4. The Selection Committee will use the following achievements as "guidelines" for ALHS Athletic Hall of Fame selection purposes:
a. Number of Years as an All-District, All Region, or All-Area selection as a 1st or 2nd team(s) selection and/or;
b. Number of years as an All-Big Nine Conference selection, number of teams as an All-Big Nine selection, the level of the All-Big-Nine team(s) selected to (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd team, honorable mention all-conference) and/or;
c. All-State selection(s), number of years, and number of sports and/or;
d. State placer, top 6 medalist, number of times, number of sports, top 6 state placing relays participated on and/or;
e. Statistical leader or record holder at ALHS, Conference, Region, State (list) and/or;
f. Earned an MVP award or elected a Captain or Co-Captain in a selected sport and/or;
g. The committee reserves the right to consider whether he/she contributed to society in a positive or negative way following graduation from ALHS as a qualification for induction.
Coach members of the ALHS Hall of Fame must have:
1. Coached at the Albert Lea High School at least seven (7) years prior to nomination. He/she must have retired or moved on to a different position.
2. Distinguished him/herself by demonstrating exceptional leadership, character, and athletic coaching achievement that is a credit to the Albert Lea High School and community.
3. The Selection Committee will use the following achievements as "guidelines" for ALHS Athletic Hall of Fame selection for purposes:
a. Coached a team that won a Big 9 championship, and/or;
b. Coached a team or an individual in state competition, and/or;
c. Had a minimum winning percentage of 50%, and/or;
d. Earned a conference, region, state, or national coaching award, and/or;
e. Was instrumental in developing and building a successful athletic program, and/or;
f. Demonstrated exceptional leadership, character, and athletic coaching achievement that was a credit to the Albert Lea High School and community.
1. Please note that the information supplied about this candidate will be the basis for the Hall of Fame Selection Committee's decision. It is not the role of the Selection Committee to do further research into this individual's accomplishments. Please be as thorough and complete as possible.
2. All nominations will remain on file indefinitely, and additional information can be added to the nomination at any time.
3. Clippings or further details can be attached to this application. Photocopies are encouraged. Any attachments will become the property of the ALHS Athletic Hall of Fame and will not be returned.
All applications must be postmarked by April 1 to be considered for induction into the Inaugural Class of the ALHS Athletic Hall of Fame.
Mail the completed Nomination Form and any attachments to:
Albert Lea High School Athletic Hall of Fame
% Education Foundation
P.O. Box 828
Albert Lea, MN 56007
Email to: TigerHallofFame@gmail.com